follow each questions in and answer it in the instructions attached ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
Unformatted Attachment Preview
Planning for Academic Success
Course Learning Outcome(s):
Practice academic honesty and exhibit ethical conduct
Establish connections to faculty, staff and students in the WU community of learning
Develop effective collegiate study skills and apply these skills to generate an academic success plan
Assignment Learning Outcome(s):
Apply time management skills
Relate knowledge of your planned career field to your degree plan
Familiarize yourself with graduation requirements at Washburn University
Start developing a relationship with an academic advisor and faculty member
This assignment will require you to complete several chronological tasks. Please follow the steps below fully, in order to
ensure your successful completion of the assignment.
1. After an academic advisor works with your class, develop a personalized plan for graduation. Utilize Degree
Works and additional course planning materials in d2L for this activity and save it to your computer so you can
reference and revise it in the future.
2. Schedule a meeting with your academic advisor (exploratory advisor or major advisor/faculty member) to
review and build upon your academic plan. If you are unsure who your academic advisor is or you are unable to
contact him/her, consult with your peer educators.
3. Meet with your academic advisor to review the plan. Have the advisor place his/her signature on your course
planning worksheet to provide proof of the meeting.
4. Make revisions to your course planning worksheet as required.
5. During the meeting, be sure to ask your advisor/faculty member these specific questions:
a. What is the value of a university education?
b. Why should I major in _____ ?
c. What career does one typically pursue with a major in _______ ?
PAPER Special note This paper should be at least 3 pages, double spaced:
6. Include your original (signed) and your revised Degree Works sheet in your submission.
7. Discuss the meeting with your academic advisor. Be sure to include:
a. The name and academic department of your advisor/faculty member.
b. Did the advisor suggest revisions to your academic plan?
i. If yes, what changes and why?
ii. If no, why are no changes needed?
c. Overall, how would you rate the experience with the advisor? Why?
8. Summarize his/her responses to your questions.
9. Discuss the interview findings:
a. What was the most interesting thing you learned in the interview?
b. What surprised you most about the advisor/faculty member?
c. What would you want others to know about this advisor/faculty member?
10. Explain why you think it is important to create an academic plan. What are the short and long term implications
of creating an academic plan?
11. Do you agree with your advisor/faculty members answer to the question about the value of a university
education? Why or Why not?
12. Why do you think its important to build relationships with faculty and staff?
Purchase answer to see full
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more