Final Project InstructionsSelect two historical leaders. One who was known for making a positive contribution in a leadership role, and the other who made a negative contribution in a leadership role (one good leader and one bad leader).Each leader must be, or have been a business or world leader (each leader) from 1960 to the present.Provide three separate reasons (with referenced examples) to justify the reason they were a good, or bad leader.Identify, compare, and contrast the two different leadership styles of each one. Be sure to add applicable leadership theories and concepts.The research paper must be 6-8 pages of written text (not including the cover page and reference page), roughly 1500-2000 words.You must include at least three outside references for each leader, for a total of six references (minimum) for the research paper. The text may be used as a reference but it will not count toward the six required sources.I have chosen to use the two leaders from Enron, (Jeffrey Skilling and Kenneth Lay) as bad leaders and Secretary of the Air Force Heather Wilson as a good leader. I have also made an outline that was required in an earlier week of the term with some information and references. All I need is the paper written.
Unformatted Attachment Preview
The Secretary of the Air Force Heather Wilson is one of the best leaders that I have ever
read about. Her most recent accomplishment as a leader has been implementing a change Air
Force wide reviewing all of the Air Force Instructions (AFIs) and eliminating outdated,
unnecessary, and contradicting ones. As a person in charge of such a task, she understands the
difficulties but has set strict time limits and is doing what best empowers the Air Force as a
whole. She has earned the position that she is in today through her leadership abilities in the past.
On the other hand, Kenneth Lay and Jeffrey Skilling showed the opposite. They were convicted
of a huge scandal in the Enron corporation and were sentenced to time in prison for several
counts of security fraud, wire fraud, and false and misleading statements.
Secretary Wilson has a long background of accomplishments.
1. 1982-1989 Served as an Air Force officer.
2. 1989-1991 Served on the National Secretary Council as director of Defense Policy.
3. 1991 – 1995 & 2009 2013 Wilson was in the private sector. In 91, she founded
Keystone inc. which was a company that did business development and program
planning work for defense and scientific industry.
4. 1995 – 1998 Served as the secretary of New Mexico
5. 1998 2009 Served as a member of congress
6. 2013 2017 President of the South Dakota School of Mines and Technology
7. Present Currently the 24th Secretary of the Air Force
Kenneth Lays Background
1. 1970s Federal energy regulator
2. 1980s Energy company executive when the company was bought out and the name
was changed to Enron
3. 1999 One of Americas highest paid CEOs, $42.4 million compensation package
4. 2000 Lay was mentioned as a possible candidate for President Bushs Treasury
5. 2001 Enron went bankrupt
6. 2004 Indicted by a grand jury for his role in the companies failure
7. May 25, 2006 Found guilty for six counts of conspiracy and fraud
8. July 5, 2006 Died of a heart attack
Jeffrey Skillings Background
1. 1979 Graduated Harvard with an M.B.A.
2. 1979 1990 Worked for McKinsey & Company in their energy and chemical
3. 1990 Joined Enron
1. 1997 Promoted to president and chief operating officer of Enron
2. 2001 Named CEO of Enron
3. August 2001 Resigned and sold almost $60 million in Enron shares
4. 2006 Convicted of multiple felony charges
5. 2013 Sentence was reduced by a decade but had to pay $40 million in restitution
6. 2017 Could be released from prison this year.
Enron: The real story behind Jeff Skilling’s big sentence reduction. (n.d.). Retrieved November
12, 2017, from http://fortune.com/2013/05/15/enron-the-real-story-behind-jeff-skillingsbig-sentence-reduction/
A. (n.d.). Heather Wilson. Retrieved November 12, 2017, from http://www.af.mil/AboutUs/Biographies/Display/Article/1183103/dr-heather-wilson/
Jeffrey Skilling. (2014, September 09). Retrieved November 12, 2017, from
Kenneth Lay. (2016, May 19). Retrieved November 12, 2017, from
Secretary of the Air Force orders instruction review. (2017, August 07). Retrieved November 12,
2017, from https://www.upi.com/Secretary-of-the-Air-Force-orders-instructionreview/1141502124048/
The real scandal. (2002, January 19). Retrieved November 12, 2017, from
Purchase answer to see full
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more