See attached for my discussion questions. Each question must have a minimum of 200 words response. You must use the book for the answers and you must make sure you cite it as well.
Unformatted Attachment Preview
This is for my discussion board:
Must be from the text book and not from anything else!!
Counseling: A Comprehensive Profession
Author: Gladding, Samuel T. .Edition: 8TH ISBN 13: 978-0-13-446060-4 Publisher:
Class Discussion 1: Chapters 1 and 2
1. Review the personal, theoretical, and educational qualities that ideal counselors possess
2.What are ways that you, as a professional counselor, could influence the development of
counseling ethics and law? (Chapter 2)
Class Discussion 2: Chapters 3, 4
1. What is the place of spirituality in counseling? Share your opinions
2. Imagine that you have reached age 65. What are you doing at this age? What are
your needs and expectations? How might a counselor help you? Do you find your life
perspective different from your present outlook? Discuss these questions in relation to
Ponzo?s (1978) advice that individuals need to be themselves, not act their age.
3. What difficulties do you think persons with alternative sexual orientations face?
Class Discussion 3: Chapters 5 and 6
1. Discuss the factors which influence the counseling process.
2. Discuss how you might go about holding an initial interview.
3. Transference and countertransference are still hotly debated in counseling.
Share your opinions on these topics with the class
4. Must a counseling relationships end on a positive note? What is the rationale for your answer?
What benefits might a client or counselor derive from terminating counseling on a negative note.
Class Discussion 4: Chapters 7 and 8
1. Compare and contrast the strengths and limitations of psychoanalysis. How would
you explain its benefits and drawbacks to a person unfamiliar with it?
2. Adler emphasized courage (a willingness to take risks without knowing what the
consequences may be) as one part of his theory. Discuss with your classmates a
time when you have had courage and what a difference it has made in your life.
3. Which of the behavioral theories covered in this chapter (chapter 8) appeals most
to you? Try to understand why that is so, in other words, is the appeal more emotional,
cognitive, pragmatic, etc. Discuss.
Class Discussion 5: Chapters 12 and 14
1. Discuss the usefulness of assessments.
2. Describe the couples/family counseling techniques from chapter 14. How might you
work with a couple or a family? Are there any special considerations keeping in mind
the different forms of family life which might be encountered today?
Purchase answer to see full
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more