For each of the following questions respond with a least 250 words. See attached file for the questions.
Unformatted Attachment Preview
For Each of the following questions respond with at least 250 words
for each question.
1. In what ways is the Zara model counterintuitive? In what ways has Zara’s model made the firm a
better performer than Gap and other competitors?
2. What do you believe are the most significant long-term threats to Netflix? How is Netflix trying to
address these threats? What obstacles does the firm face in dealing with these threats?
3. Spend some time online researching services such as Netflix, BlockBuster, Hulu, and other
streaming movie sites. How do these services compare? What are the advantages and disadvantages
of each of these different services?
4. Describe some of the features (i.e., functions, menu options) of the information system that you
chose in week one (make sure you have an approved information system before you complete this
assignment). When describing a feature, walk the user through that feature, describing the
interactions the user has with the system. What data or information does the user enter into
that feature? What does the information system do with that data? Does it transform it in some
way? How is that data later retrieved or displayed (output)? What is that data used for?
Week 3 Questions:
1.What is e-waste? What is so dangerous about e-waste? Many well-meaning individuals thought that
recycling was the answer to the e-waste problem. But why hasn’t e-waste recycling yielded the results
2. What are network effects? Think about the kinds of technology products that you own, or websites
you use, that are subject to network effects. What sorts of exchange do these products leverage (e.g.,
information, money, software, or other media)? Give several concrete examples and explain them as
clearly as you can in your own words.
3. Find an article online that discusses the problem of e-waste, preferably one that also proposed a
solution. In your own words summarize and critique the article. Do you think it is a viable solution?
Why or why not? Be sure to include the url to your article.
4. Describe the impact that your chosen information system has on your organization. Be sure to
consider both the positive and negative impacts. Over-dependence on an information system can
be a negative impact, so also discuss whether your organization has any contingency plans for
business continuity during system outages.
1) Visit the websites of several social media sites (MySpace, Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter). What
differences do you notice between these various sites? Are you a member of any of these
services? Why or why not?
2) In 2011, Google introduced Google+ as a Facebook competitor. Read this article:
http://www.nytimes.com/2011/06/29/technology/29google.html?pagewanted=all Then conduct
some research on your own about Google+. How do you think Google+ compares to Facebook?
Have you tried using Google+? Why or why not? Do you think Google has a chance at
successfully competing against Facebook? Why or why not?
3) Find an article online about an incident where an employee was fired for social media use.
Summarize and critique the article in your own words. Do you think the termination of the
employee was justified? Why or why not? Could the employer have done anything to prevent this
incident? Be sure to include the URL of your article.
4) Come up with three concrete recommendations for improving your chosen information
system. Make sure you do not just identify the problems, but that you also make very specific
recommendations for how you would correct those problems. This is going to be a very
important part of your Analysis Essay 2, so make sure you come up with three original, concrete
recommendations for improving your system and that you explain how you would implement
each one. It is NOT an option to say, “My system can’t be improved.” Information
systems can always be enhanced and made better, and it is your job in this class to to
come up with three good concrete recommendations for improving your information
1) Describe some reasons why Linux is installed on only a very small fraction of desktop
computers. Are there particular categories of products or users who might see Linux as more
appealing than conventional operating systems? Do you think Linux’s share of the desktop
market will increase? Why or why not?
2) What are some of the benefits of cloud computing? What are some of the drawbacks? Find an
article about cloud computing online. Summarize and critique the article in your own words. Be
sure to include the url of the article.
3) Describe the hardware and software requirements of your chosen information system. Be sure
to consider both the server-side and client-side hardware and software. If you do not have
access to specific details about the server-side hardware and software, make reasonable
assumptions based on the kind of hardware and software that you believe would be necessary to
run your system.
Purchase answer to see full
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more