1. Individually undertake a self-assessment against a specification of the knowledge, skills and behaviours required of an HR or L&D practitioner. You could use the CIPD Profession Map available at http://www.cipd.co.uk/cipd-hrprofession/profession… for this, and/or another specification such as your own organisations CPD framework. 2. From the self-assessment, identify areas you would like to develop and devise your own CPD plan. This should include at least 3 CPD options to meet your identified needs. 3. Evaluate at least 3 options to meet your identified needs and in your CPD plan clearly show which option you will undertake, explaining why you have chosen that option. xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Unformatted Attachment Preview
CIPD Assessment Activity 4DEP
Title of unit/s
Developing Yourself as an Effective Human Resources or Learning
and Development Practitioner
Presentation visual aids, with accompanying notes
A Service Level Agreement
Information from, and confirming that, self-assessment has
taken place and a CPD plan and record
1. Understand the knowledge, skills and behaviours required to be an effective HR or L&D
2. Know how to deliver timely and effective HR/L&D services to meet users needs.
3. Be able to reflect on own practice and development needs and maintain a plan for personal
As guided by your tutor you will, singularly, in pairs or as a group, plan and deliver a
presentation with visual aids. You should prepare your own individual presentation
notes (not as a group) which should be provided for assessment.
The presentation delivery should be divided equally between each group member,
and the presentation and individual presentation notes utilize the principles illustrated
in the CIPD Profession Map, which can be found at
The presentation should, identify ONE professional area and:1. Describe at least three activities that a Practitioner will undertake at either
band 1 or 2 and the skills that they will need to undertake these activities.
2. Give three examples of knowledge that the Practitioner will be expected to
show at either band 1 or 2.
3. Explain, by giving examples, three key behaviours at either band 1 or 2, you
would expect a Practitioner working in your identified professional area to be
able to show.
4. Explain why Strategies, Insights and Solutions and Leading HR sit at the
heart of the HR & L&D profession.
5. Explain the concept of Continuing Professional Development (CPD). AC3.1
6. Explain the importance of CPD for a HR or L&D Practitioner. AC3.1
This is an individual activity.
You work for a growing organisation and your HR manager has decided to formalise
the service offered to the organisation by publishing a Service Level Agreement
(SLA). Outline a SLA for an HR or L&D department describing how to build and
maintain effective service delivery.
Version 5 01/03/2017
Ensure that you cover:
1. Building and maintaining good relationships by identifying three needs of those
who use a HR or L&D service within an organisation and how you would
prioritise these needs to avoid conflict and deliver a timely service.
2. Identify at least three methods of communication and for each method explain
the advantage and disadvantage of using these methods to respond to your
3. Describe how you would gather feedback and service performance data in order
to provide management information on service levels and how you would use
this data to continuously improve your service.
1. Individually undertake a self-assessment against a specification of the knowledge,
skills and behaviours required of an HR or L&D practitioner. You could use the
CIPD Profession Map available at http://www.cipd.co.uk/cipd-hrprofession/profession-map/ for this, and/or another specification such as your own
organisations CPD framework.
2. From the self-assessment, identify areas you would like to develop and devise
your own CPD plan. This should include at least 3 CPD options to meet your
3. Evaluate at least 3 options to meet your identified needs and in your CPD plan
clearly show which option you will undertake, explaining why you have chosen that
Activity 3.5 is completed at the end of the course and a separate deadline is set for
4. During the period of your studies, reflect on your performance against your plan,
including. As you reflect, identify if there are any further development needs and
update your plan accordingly. You will be required to submit your updated CPD
plan and CPD record at the point of final assessment.
(Note: If required, CPD plan and record templates are available at
Evidence to be produced:
Activity 1: Presentation visual aids, with accompanying notes (approximately 1,000 words)
Activity 2: A Service Level Agreement (approximately 500 words)
a. Information from, and confirming that, self-assessment has taken place.
b. A CPD plan and record which includes:
? Identified needs
? Options to address these needs
? If required, revisions to the plan
? Performance and learning against the plans implementation. This includes a reflective
statement in the record on the development activities and learning.
Please Note the Following Instruction
Version 5 01/03/2017
Tutors can insist that students base and use illustrations from the organisation that they are
currently employed in for the completion of ANY or ALL assignments.
Students can be referred, if they do not follow this instruction.
Students whom have recently changed roles or are not employed should discuss the options
available with their tutor prior to commencing work on their assignments.
Where possible, please ensure the assignment coversheet and written assignment are one
Version 5 01/03/2017
Purchase answer to see full
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more