Questions on the document

East West Distributing is in the process of trying to determine where they should schedule next year’s production of a popular line of kitchen utensils that they distribute. Manufacturers in four different countries have submitted bids to East West. However, a pending trade bill in Congress will greatly affect the cost to East West due to proposed tariffs, favorable trading status, etc.A manufacturing company is considering expanding its production capacity to meet a growing demand for its product line of air fresheners. The alternatives are to build a new plant, expand the old plant, or do nothing. The marketing department estimates a 35 percent probability of a market upturn, a 40 percent probability of a stable market, and a 25 percent probability of a market downturn. Georgia Swain, the firm’s capital appropriations analyst, estimates the following annual returns for these alternatives:A calculus instructor uses computer aided instruction and allows students to take the midterm exam as many times as needed until a passing grade is obtained. Following is a record of the number of students in a class of 20 who took the test each number of times.After careful analysis, East West has determined the following cost breakdown for the four manufacturers (in $1,000’s) based on whether or not the trade bill passes:Bill PassesBill FailsCountry A260210Country B320160Country C240240Country D275210a.If East West estimates that there is a 40% chance of the bill passing, which country should they choose for manufacturing?b.Over what range of values for the “bill passing” will the solution in part (a) remain optimal?MarketUpturnStableMarketMarketDownturnBuild new plant$690,000$(130,000)$(150,000)Expand old plant490,000(45,000)(65,000)Do nothing50,0000(20,000)a. What should the company do?b. What returns will accrue to the company if your recommendation is followed?(I created the table below). Decision tree:StudentsNumber of Tests101722314a.Use the relative frequency approach to construct a probability distribution and show that it satisfies the required condition.b.Find the expected value of the number of tests taken.c.Compute the variance.d.Compute the standard deviation.

Don't use plagiarized sources. Get Your Custom Essay on
Questions on the document
Just from $13/Page
Order Essay
Order a unique copy of this paper
(550 words)

Approximate price: $22

Basic features
  • Free title page and bibliography
  • Unlimited revisions
  • Plagiarism-free guarantee
  • Money-back guarantee
  • 24/7 support
On-demand options
  • Writer’s samples
  • Part-by-part delivery
  • Overnight delivery
  • Copies of used sources
  • Expert Proofreading
Paper format
  • 275 words per page
  • 12 pt Arial/Times New Roman
  • Double line spacing
  • Any citation style (APA, MLA, Chicago/Turabian, Harvard)

Our guarantees

Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.

Money-back guarantee

You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.

Read more

Zero-plagiarism guarantee

Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.

Read more

Free-revision policy

Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.

Read more

Privacy policy

Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.

Read more

Fair-cooperation guarantee

By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.

Read more

Calculate the price of your order

550 words
We'll send you the first draft for approval by September 11, 2018 at 10:52 AM
Total price:
$26
The price is based on these factors:
Academic level
Number of pages
Urgency

Order your essay today and save 15% with the discount code ESSAYHELP