First video is Culture Clash: A Bowl of Beings – several short skits with underling meaning from this Chicano American troupe.The other is a documentary on how African Americans have been depicted in film in its first 100 years.Both of these go well with the themes of social consciousness and race.The video links are on each assignment sheet
Unformatted Attachment Preview
Culture Clash: A Bowl of Beings
Link on utube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wvhx5k6ZGfc
Culture Clash was a Chicano American performance troupe composed of the writer-comedians Herbert Sigüenza, Richard Montoya
and Ric Salinas. Together they created works ranging from comedic skits to full-length plays and screenplays, all of which
featured political or social satire.
What do you see as the deeper message using surface stereotypes in each of these skits.
1. America / Don Colon / an appropriation of the Godfather
2. The Armchair Revolutionist / Ernesto Che Guevara
Abuélo / Shooting
4. Straitjacket / Chicanos on the Storm
5. Stand & Deliver Pizza / Jaime Escalante
6. End Song Were Culture Clash and were here to stay
Melvin Van Peebles Classified X (1998)
Link on utube: Documentary: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kOfwnPJtHJM
This documentary explores the representation of African Americans in the history of American cinema through the eyes of
Melvin Van Peebles – Director, Actor, Producer, Editor, Musician.
1. Originally, how were African American actors depicted in movies in what Van Peebles refers to as the Old Negro era?
2. What is meant by the New Negro and how did the representation change during this era?
How were black actors portrayed in independent black films?
4. Why did black actors play in roles that werent necessarily positive stereotypes?
5. What is meant by the No Negro era?
6. How does Van Peebles describe the Blaxploitation era in film? What was his contribution to the genre?
7. Since 1998, when this documentary was made, how have opportunities changed for African American actors?
Be specific. Names of actors, roles theyve played, titles of movies, awards won, etc.
Purchase answer to see full
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more