based on the attached write just a Conclusion Thank you in advance
Unformatted Attachment Preview
CSIT 495/595 – Introduction to Cryptography
Implementation of File Integrity Management System using HMAC based on
The MD5 algorithm is a widely used hash function producing a 128-bit hash value.
Although MD5 was initially designed to be used as a cryptographic hash function, it has been
found to suffer from extensive vulnerabilities. It can still be used as a checksum to verify data
integrity, but only against unintentional corruption.
Data integrity is a fundamental component of information security. In its broadest use,
data integrity refers to the accuracy and consistency of data stored in a database, data
warehouse, data mart or other construct. The term Data Integrity – can be used to describe a
state, a process or a function and is often used as a proxy for data quality. Data with
integrity is said to have a complete or whole structure. Data values are standardized according
to a data model and/or data type.
PHP apache was used as the preferred language / tool to implement the project. The PHP
standard library for md5 hashing function was used as the preferred hashing algorithm.
Implementation steps as follows:
1) Defining the input folder and output folders,
2) Reading files inside the input folder (Directory 1)
3) Creating a copy of input files with md5 has on the output folder. (Directory 2)
?file name format on output folder filename+ -hash
4) Then we compare the input folder hashed value with corresponding output folder has hashed
5) If the hashes match then we show Yes else No
Problems & Resolutions:
1) The code was showing errors and now running when absolute path to the folders was not
specified. To address the issue had used the function dirname(__FILE__)and the specify the
files by that absolute path.
2) We had to use the scandir function to dynamically read from input file and creating output
files with hash
3) The function file_get_contents was not working when special flag
FILE_USE_INCLUDE_PATH was not specified.
1. Introduction to Modern Cryptography by Jonathan Katz and Yehuda Lindell, 2nd Edition,
Chapman & Hall/CRC, 2014. ISBN-13: 978-1466570269.
2. Cryptography: Theory and Practice by Douglas R. Stinson, 3rd Edition, Chapman & Hall/CRC,
2005. ISBN-13: 978-1584885085
Purchase answer to see full
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more